1. MAKING A BOOKING: CONFIRMED / AVAILABLE SERVICES/: A 35% (of the net total) non-refundable deposit is payable to Travellers Square within 7 days from the day of confirmation to guarantee reservation. The balance is due and payable not later that 14 DAYS prior to the tour departure. Some suppliers may however have special additional terms and conditions, which may differ from the above – kindly, reconfirm these at the time of booking. Unless otherwise agreed in advance, the right is reserved not to execute any services if payment has not been received accordingly.
2. CANCELLATION & NO SHOW POLICY: Reservations that are cancelled, reduced in length of stay, or reduced in numbers (hereinafter collectively called a CANCELLATION) are subject to cancellation and no-show fees if cancelled within 33 days of the arrival date. i) When the cancellation is between 33 and 15 days of the booking date, the fee is 20% of the booking amount ii) When the cancellation is between 14 and 3 days of the booking date, the fee is 50% of the booking amount iii) When the cancellation is 2 days or less than the booking date, or should the guests fail to turn up, the fee shall be 100% of the applicable booking amount iv) In all cases, notification of cancellation is only accepted in writing to our offices
3. PRICE POLICY: 3.1 Our price is based on cost at the time of printing and is subject to change if conditions demand, such as Government action, currency exchange fluctuations and increase in game park entry fees. However, if full payment is received upon booking, there will be no change to the price quoted at that time. Kindly check the price of your chosen service at the time of booking. Travellers Square reserves the right to revise the prices of unsold services and to correct errors in both advertised and printed prices as soon as this is noticed. 3.2 Where “kitty” payment applies (applies more on adventure camping trips), this is additional to the tour price and is intended to cover the cost of meals prepared during the period of the tour and all park entrance and campsite fees or as may be specified. It is payable in cash prior to departure in the office. 3.
4.WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE: - Transport by special safari vehicle - Services of an English-speaking driver/tour guide and cook - All campsite fees (camping safaris) - All camping equipment including tents, stools, foam mattresses except sleeping bags (camping safaris) - Three meals a day while on safari (full board) whether vegetarian or non-vegetarian 3.
5. LIABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 4.1 Travellers Square applies all reasonable checks to ensure that those involved in the preparation and provision of your safari maintain appropriate standards. In exceptional circumstances outside the control of the Company, its agents or suppliers, such as, but not limited to, circumstances amounting to force majeure such as war, threats of war, political unrest, riots, civil disturbances, legally or illegally organized labor disputes, adverse weather conditions and acts of God, the Company or its agents or suppliers cannot be held responsible for discontinuation of the safari, any limitations or withdrawal of facilities. 4.2 The use by the Company of transport or accommodation in connection with a client’s safari is subject to the conditions of the operators or owners of such transport or accommodation for whom the Company acts as agents. No liability can be accepted for any services which do not form part of your contract with Travellers Square and which it is not able to arrange or provide for you. 4.3 Temporary or permanent loss of, damage to, or delay of client’s baggage are the responsibility of the client unless resulting from the proven negligence of the Company. 4.4 Travellers Square shall not accept liability for the alleged acts and/or missions of its employees, agents and suppliers for deficiencies in the standard of services and facilities supplied in connection with any foreign inclusive tour or any safari supplied or organized by the Company unless resulting from the proven negligence by the Company. 4.5 No liability can be accepted by Travellers Square for any services which arrange on your own, included and not limited to missing a tour departure date due to delayed arrival at the departure point, arriving an entry point without the correct entry documents or other 4.6 The Company does not accept responsibility for the death, body injury or illness caused to the signatory to the contract and/or any other named person on the booking form unless resulting from the proven negligence of the Company. 4.7 The Company, where appropriate and with reasonable discretion, shall afford initial general assistance to clients who, through misadventure, suffer illness, personal injury or death during the period of their safari. Travellers Square does not take any responsibility for costs arising from medical care or other. It is the client responsibility to obtain adequate personal travel insurance to cover such personal risks as illness, personal injury or death, loss of baggage and compensation or refund for discontinuation of safari due to circumstances beyond the control of the Company, though not limited to force majeure circumstances only, during the period of their safari otherwise the Company does not accept liability. Flying Doctors Service is recommended for rapid evacuation from the scene of an accident or emergency to a hospital otherwise the client is responsible for his evacuation by air or otherwise. 4.8 The client acknowledges and accepts that the nature of our adventure safaris is expeditious and adventurous and that such tours involve a certain amount of risk for which the Company and its staff or agents carry no liability.
6. SUB-CONTRACTING SERVICES The Company reserves the right to cancel a safari or subcontract it to another operator for similar services if the minimum number of clients required is not achieved or by reason of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond its control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised. Nevertheless notice of such cancellation will be given whenever possible and an alternative safari offered if practicable though the client is entitled to a refund of his money under the contract if he is not interested and prefers a refund. The difference, if any, between the price of the alternative safari and the initial one will also be refunded and where there is an increase in price, the client notified to pay If a client chooses not to complete his safari for any reason, or a safari is discontinued for reasons as in the clause above, there will be no refund.
7. ARBITRATION: The contract and these conditions shall be governed in all respect by the laws of Kenya. Should a situation arise that you have a complaint about any aspect of the safari, this should be reported in the office immediately (where possible) in an order that we may be given the opportunity to correct the problem.
8. BOOKING AGENTS: Agents booking clients into our regular safaris on the brochure are required to ensure that their clients fully understand the conditions contained herein otherwise the Company shall not indemnify them against claims arising from their mistakes or omissions. Full payment by agents is required upon confirmation of booking and prior to the tour departure unless otherwise arranged.